Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Death defied by will, like a drug that doesn't kill

Musically I have been amiss as of late, hence the lack of posting. My deepest regrets and all that junk.

So tonight I have been updating/charging one of my ipods. The 4g nano I got a couple years ago. The one with the Johnny Depp Pirates of the Caribbean skin. I figured it was time that I put some new music on it. It has been quite a few months since I switched things up.

I'm fickle when it comes to listening to music, so my ipods generally have to have an extremely wide variety on them to be of any use to me. Even on random I find that from time to time I am almost unpleasable, so switching things up becomes a bit of a necessity. I have been sifting though my CDs to see what exactly it is I want to upload and carry with me, subject to the whim of anyone who would even dare to look at my track listing.

So I am sitting here debating in my head whether I want the live Mindless Self Indulgence album on the nano, or if I would prefer it to stay in the itunes. Then there is the Eagle Eye Cherry, which reminds me of high school and friendships long since gone. The nostalgia caused by my own finite playlist is something fierce. The question that now remains is whether I want these portable memories to be on call like this.

We'll see how it turns out.

Listening to: Rufus Wainwright: Hallelujan
Reading: Fathers and Sons
Watching: Futurama-Volume 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home