Friday, December 01, 2006

You know what I want, and it Ain't What I need

Ohh the winding down of the day. 9 hour shift. Came home and began a' baking. Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip, and soon I will role out the dough and begin my sugar cookies. Buzy art I. But enough of me acting like a homemaker, on to the rock.

I thought as a nice little look into my musical acquisitions I would let you in on my musical purchases as I get them. I actually got rid of some of my cds today. Limp Bizkit, Adema, 30 seconds to mars, From Autumn to Ashes, MxPx. Cds I realized I never , if ever listened to. Cds I rationalized someone else may want to listen to. In exchange however I picked up the following:

1) Jeff Buckley: Sketches for (My Sweetheart the Drunk)
2) David Gilmour: Self-Titled
3) Deftones: Satuday Night Wrist
4) John Lennon- Imagine
5) Aerosmith: O Yeah! Greatest Hits


Now for anyone who has spent more than 2o minutes with me will find that #4 is kind of a shocker. I'm not a Beatles afficianado. Generally I can do without them. I'm sure if this ever gets read there will be some guffahs. I fail to see the awesomeness of the Beatlemania. Granted I did not grow up in the era when their music was the proverbial "shiznit", but I can still give credit where credit was due. The Beatles just do not appeal to me, because well I' m a hard rock blues sort of gal. I don't find anything wrong with the Beatles. They're clean cut, clean sounding pop-rock. It has its advantages. However I'm not a subscriber to said advantages. I don't hate the Beatles, they're just not my bag baby. That being said, I will admit when an album is a gem, as is the case with #4.

John Lennon has always been one of those figures I've had some latent admiration for. Not because he married that harpie (please no one ever let her record a thing again. Thanks.), not because he blasphemed early on in his career, but because he seemed to have a sense of self. McCartney was satisfied with filling out the mould for a rock'n'roller, which suited him fine, but Lennon..... well you all know the story. Imagine is one of those albums that I love as an album itself. I forget that it is Lennon behind it. It is, as my father put quite succinctly this evening" A good album." I tend to agree.

With that, I will leave you with a fond farewell, and remember : never engage a wombat in mortal combat!

Laura

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home