Monday, June 04, 2007

Do you know the Muffin Man?

So tonight I had a customer that bears repeating.

I'm standing behind the counter inputting customer orders, stock, cleaning up, etc. An akward looking woman comes into the store and starts browsing. Baseball hat, fanny pack, very small boned. Nothing life shattering, but I looked up, then went back to work. A few minutes later I hear her talking from behind one of our displays, but figured she wasn't talking to me, and I go back to my work.

About 5 minutes later she appears from our mini-wall of DVD's, and asks " Do you have any Jewish music?" Now after 4 years, there is nothing that a customer could ask for that I would be taken back by, but her question was unclear. If you are not already aware, I am a religious studies student, so my general awareness of religious music is relatively high, but her question needed to be flushed out further. I asked the woman if there was any Jewish music in particular she was looking for. Did she want traditional songs, did she want music sung in temple, or did she want something modern like Matisyahu. Her only reply was "Jewish music". I sighed and said the closest thing we had was a Mandy Patinkin album done in yiddish or Hebrew (I can never remember). I left her alone with the case, and went back to work.

Apparantly we did not have what she was looking for, and she promptly left.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home