Thursday, March 01, 2007

Penguins in Paris?

You know what really winds my crank? Musicians (if that) who insist on living in the shadows of music in favour of sheer celebrity. The ones who have faded into some B or C status, but just live for the Page 6 mention. For the most part this only applies far more to modern musicians. I will amend that statement by further saying that Rod Stewart's continued success boggles my mind. He has ceased original material, divorced Stacey's Mom (Thank you Fountains of Wayne), and looks like some creepy cross between a tanned vulture and a peacock. So unnatural. Dear Rod, the only people who can pull this Old Manninsh off in rock and or roll is, and always will be Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. And Richards, bless his soul did so much drugs, that it aged him to the point that when he actually got off the smack he looked his true age. If that isn't talent, I don't know what is. Kudos!

Back to my diatribe now, shall we. It is this crap from faded musicians that I cannot stand. Since when is getting animals high amusing? Especially animals that could really be messed up by it. Sure there are funny tales about getting your dog stoned, but come on! I just don't understand Pete Doherty I suppose. I mean if I were a coke-addicted annoying Brit Rocker, I would have just tried to die in an alley somewhere. I am fully aware that the life of rock and Roll is long, paved with trick babies, blow, and boob jobs, but this is idiotic and cruel.

On a sadder note I was flicking through the channels today on my snow-day, and I came across Paris Hilton's newest music video. I would say I was appalled, but I've heard K-Fed's album, so I'll save that word for a later date. Cruel use of a minor in film, and endangerment of his health. No Paris don't give him your crabs. Almost the worst video ever.

God I need a bath after thinking about all of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home