Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I swear....

I'm one of the worst people for letting the past be the past. My neurotic nature causes me to over-evaluate everything in my life. I read into every little detail of my life, that sometimes I forget to actually enjoy the time I have on this rotating sphere.

One of the problems I have is that I equate so much music into the memories I have. I always have the strong memories of when I first got into a particular band, what what playing when something important happened, or when something horrible happened. For example Green Day always reminds me of hanging out with friends in grade 8. Black Sabbath reminds me of... well you don't really need to know about that. Eve 6 reminds me of my first ever concert. Finger Eleven reminds me of my entire high school existence.

What does this have to do with anything you ask? Well the problem for me lies in the fact that every time I listen to these artists, the memories start to flood back, and they're not always pleasant. The good part of all of this is that now I become engaged in trying to re-condition myself to feel something different with the music of the past.

First Step: Condition myself not to cry every time "On My Own" from Les Miserables starts to play.




Reading: Slaughter-House Five
Listening: Reel Big Fish-Turn the Radio Off/ Tristania-Behind the Veil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home