Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Raise Me Up

There is something weirdly comforting about listening to Yusuf Islam singing songs about Islam. Makes me want to go to the Middle East and get engrossed in the music. Apparently music is used in many different middle eastern cultures to facilitate peace building amongst various tribes. I think this is one of the many great powers of music, and I think Bono may be able to get more results of he killed first world countries with song rather than pleas and diatribes about our need to cancel out much of third world debt. That or maybe he should just shut the hell up already. I don't know about my fellow Canadians, but I was kind of amused when Stephen Harper refused a meeting with him, citing he had actual business to do. Good one Stephen, you animatronic jackass you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home