Sunday, October 14, 2007

I've not become comfortably numb yet

Anyone who knows me well enough knows my obsession with music and religion (a passion of work and study I suppose) is all-consuming. No really, it is. I often buy music merely because I can figure out the religious nature of it. Weird, I know. Hell I bought a Mandy Patinkin CD because he was singing entirely in Yiddish. If you ever read this Mandy.... you are amazing. But back to my point....

This past Friday whilst puttering along Queen St. I popped into a Tibetan ritual store and acquired a Tibetan singing bowl and tingsha (little hand cymbals, but better)....... I've been salivating over this for some time. Musical rituals? Well I never!

So in an effort to not write the comparative religions textual analysis I have due tomorrow, and to which I am already half-finished, tonight I finally figured out how to use my singing bowl. I'm too ashamed to describe how it is I originally conceived it to work, but needless to say after youtubeing "singing bowl" and watching a pro, I got the hang of it. Anyone who doubts the hypnotic power of the bowl is deluded, just like those who are apathetic to "Closer" by NIN. That song is the sex and you all know it.

This bowl is addictive I say. Enlightenment is only a bowl away! I suggest everyone get or try one, even if for a few moments, it truly is an experience, just like listening to Dark Side of the Moon, high and in the dark is, just less frightening. Or watching the Wall.....

That's all I have since I should get back to the paper.

Have a good one!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home