Monday, January 21, 2008

Just walk on by, nothing to see here

So anyone close to me knows I've been a fan of Finger Eleven for nearly a decade now. Rainbow Butt Monkey era included. Anyone who knows me, also knows I'm at an impasse with the band as a whole. Why might you ask? Because the lead singer has become a severe alcoholic and the band has ceased to make original music. With their self-titled album my love started to wane. Perhaps it was my new found love of classic 60's and 70's rock, perhaps it was because Arnold Lanni was no longer producing, or perhaps because I went and saw them tour on that album, and well I was sick afterwards (I'm sure it had to do with the weed fumes and my general illness, but who knows). That album was good, but not F11 good.

Their release from about a year ago hurt me deeply. I cannot stress enough how much buying their CD and then hearing the resulting crap. I remember getting a sneak preview of their first single "Paralyzer" and I nearly started to cry because it was that bad. I bought the album because I wanted to support my boys, and well I have regretted it ever since. However today.... today marked a day in infamy; I lost all respect for the band. They allowed the Today Show to use the intro to Paralyzer on a segment called " Today's Woman" and the segment I watched had to do with getting a flawless makeup job in less than 5 minutes.

Pass the bronzer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home