Sunday, April 13, 2008

How did we get from saying I love you to I'll see you around some day?

There are days when I can never decide what it is that I want to listen to. 500+ Cd's and nothing seems to strike my fancy. Sometimes I fear that I have musical apathy. All these musical loves, now looked upon with a shrug. I'm hopeful this is a phase.

I just put my Iyiyi on random in the hopes to have musical juices primed, and ironically a Papa Roach song came on that I've never listened to yet I own. It saddens me because it is absolute crap. I full enjoyed Infest and Lovehatetragedy, but what has followed since is just utter crap. I think it is wholly amusing that after this Elton John came on. At least John can always guarantee to amuse me. Simple music and a showmanship flare rarely to match. That and the inner diva in me worships him. I regret not getting tickets to his show when he came through town.

Now I have this weird urge to go sing Cher's "If I could turn back time" and dance around my room like a deranged octogenarian. Perhaps a look into my golden years? Hell yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home