Saturday, June 21, 2008

Look ma, no hands!

So normally I could care less about the rap/hop-hop world, so long as it doesn't tread where my musical interests lie. You know what I mean, when Puff Daddy covers a Led Zeppelin song, or when Puff Daddy covers a Sting song (err I mean Police song). Now that I think about it, Puff Daddy is kind of the main culprit. In my mind rap and rock are just things that should not mix like kittens and microwaves. To each their own.

Recently rapper Ice-T publicly criticized some of the modern "rappers". Let's take a gander at what T had to say, shall we?

“Fuck Soulja Boy! Eat a dick! This nigga single handedly killed Hip Hop.”

“That shit is such garbage man,” Ice-T continues to snarl. "We came all the way from Rakim, we came all the way from Das EFX, we came all the way from motherfuckers flowing like Big Daddy Kane and Ice Cube, and you come with that Superman shit? That shit is garbage.”

(note: I completely agree with Ice-T.... that song is garbage and utterly degrading to women. That's right, let's promote a sexual deviant act why don't we?)

It doesn't stop with SJB either....

Hurricane (Chris) take them fucking beads out of your hair nigga! Man up. You niggas is making me feel real fucking mad about this shit.”


Oh T, you so crazy. But I have to hand it to him, I likes the cut of his jib.


**quotes taken from Hip Hop News

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ice-T is right, but he is not the first to criticise modern rap for being pointless. Reminds me of Chris Rock in Never Scared when he said, "I love all the rappers out there today, but it's getting really hard to defend 'I got hoes in different area codes.'"

What about Lil' Jon? Ludacris? Soulja Boy is nothing new, in fact, he's just the next dude in a line of "dirty south" rappers. There have been hundreds of Soulja Boys before, and there will be hundreds more.

June 22, 2008 at 2:09 PM  
Blogger Matsie said...

Oh I know.... I was just amused at Ice-T's indignation.

The Killers did the same sort of bad-mouthing BS with FOB and P!ATD, if I do recall.

June 22, 2008 at 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home