Thursday, November 06, 2008

I hear you calling, calling from the dead of the night

Two songs kept playing in my head during the American presidential election: "Tomorrow" from the musical Annie and Alice Cooper's "School's Out". I thought they were apropos and giggled to myself after humming them the entire evening.

I'm kind of glad the campaigning and election is over. I'm sick and tired of Bruce Springsteen really, and artists getting angry that McCain pilfered their song without permission. I'm ready to fall back into a complacent** state as my own country keeps digging a deeper hole which I now like to refer to as Harper Gate. It's like Heaven's Gate minus the computer geeks and ritualistic suicide. We're still worshipping an alien-like political figure though.


Congratulations President-Elect Barack Obama. You have inherited a horrible legacy and a devastated country. You inspired people back into electing, though that in itself is sometimes questionable.I wish you the best of luck in the four (personally I hope he runs for and wins a second term as well) years ahead.

In the immortal words of Freddie Mercury and Queen (and Leo Sayer!!): The show must go on!




** I'm not really complacent just frustrated and apathetic at the opportunity of reform in light of the Conservative turn my country has taken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home