Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Lizard King--My Hero

Do you remember that band that set you on a musical direction? You know what I am talking about. That band who was so diametrically opposed to what you ususally listened to, but you were inextricably drawn to. I do. It was Jim Morrison's poetic lyrics and deep voice that drew me in. That's right, I was caught in the Lizard King's mesmerizing grip. I had finally been united with my namesake. After I had by-passed his grave on my trip to Paris, he and I came face to face.

I remember it fondly. I had just started at my current job, and the artist doors (no pun intended) were opening as fast they would without me tripping over my feet. There they were, sitting unassumingly on the shelf. As I put away stock, I came across them. The name had sat on my mind, not quite sure how or where I knew them from, but I'd be damned if I did not give them a listen. Once Break on Through came through those speakers, it was a musical awakening. That feeling you get inside when you find something that hits the spot. Musical orgasm perhaps? That was me.

The other night I was pawing through my collection, uploading crap to my lappy, trying to shove even more music on to lpod (I've re-named it), and I dug up all my old Doors cds. The memories came flooding back.

Moral of the story: Go through the collection more often, you might get some warm and fuzzies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home