Monday, April 30, 2007

Oh where shall I place you?

Vacation numbs my writing urge. Deepest sympathies. I'm going to force myself back into the groove.

I've started work this evening on my newest project: Finally get a storage unit for all my Cd's. For the last year or so this has been a huge issue for me as I live in a house with finite storage space, and my room is running out of places for me to put my stuff. When I started at my job I had a 120 CD tower that wasn't even remotely full. Eventually I had to upgrade and get a 200 CD spin-tower. Then I had to resort to additional smaller units in addition to the 120 tower. Right now I have the tower filled, the smaller unit jammed full, and a major shelf of my bookcase is occupied along with Cd's hiding underneath my stereo unit. Needless to say something needed to be done.

After devising/designing my ideal unit, I was told that it would cost me nearly $800 to build. I balked at the idea of paying that much money for some wood and paint. I stormed away and went back to my room and sulked. My father stumbled upon a potentially suitable unit at the local Rona, and this evening I procured it. The sticker said it will hold 625 Cd's. I question this claim, but I need some storage yo. I picked it up. Sticker price was $216, but got it reduced to $155. Then money for primer, paint, brushed, and a drop cloth. Tomorrow begins phase 2: making it suitable to be in my room. I'm painting this baby in high-gloss enamel paint. Fucker's going to rock.

In other news I got this to solve my stereo-lessness. I'm a tad upset there is no CD player, but I guess my iPod playlist will have to suffice. Name is idiotic, and the over $400 (even with the discount I got) I spent on it is a little hurtful, but the sound rocks. Soon I will do the Laura-test. Play on random and see if I get distracted by the noise. If it is seemless I will be happy. My last player made so much noise switching that I just stopped using the function. It better not be the case this time around.

Laura


Reading: God and the New Metaphysics-
Listening; George Harrison
Watching: Futurama-Vol 4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home