Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Title? What is that you speak of?

So does anyone remember Master P's kid Lil' Romeo? The brat that beat Michael Jackson for holding the youngest person to have a number one single. Well the already wealthy kid just won a full basketball scholarship at USC. You and your family were on Cribs for Pete's Sake (Pete being my atheistic equivalent to Christ).

So I'm not going to detract from the fact that he clearly has the athletic ability to win the scholarship, but does he really need the money? Come on! Your father is Master P and your uncles are Silkk the Shocker and C-Murder, you cannot be broke. Last I checked, there were infinitely more kids in the U.S.A. who need those scholarships even more than you. Education in America is quite expensive as compared to up here in the pseudo-tundra, and frankly I think what you are doing is very selfish. Do not take the money Lil' Romeo. Be responsible. Earn your keep on the team. If I hear that you got a C average and still kept your scholarship, so help me I will fly to California and shave your stupid ass head with an F.

This is ridiculous. As a student I know the necessity of scholarships. Hell I lost mine by 1% in first year, which was utterly stupid since all I needed to do was go to the one mandatory class for my major. Being a student is no easy feat when it comes to surviving financially. Granted I'm not going to be graduating with debt, but I certainly do not have a free ride. I work my ass off both educationally and in the real world. I understand the necessity to make all the scholarships equally accessible to all, but something still miffs me when the rich get free rides when the clearly do not need them.

If only to be a rapper's progeny...... think of all that bling I could pawn off for Mr. Noodles and KD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home