Sunday, December 07, 2008

It's a Rufus Wainwright sort of day

Have you ever had a day when a particular artist has miraculously written an album for? I have been having one of those quiet melancholic days. A day in which I have been watching endless episodes of Friends, documentaries on anti-abortionists in the U.S., and realizing how I will never own a Magic Bullet on principle alone. Needless to say it hasn't been a chipper sort of day. Frankly I don't mind either.

These quiet days help me appreciate certain artists and genres even more. Right now I have my iyiyi playing every single Rufus Wainwright song I have loaded on the ipod. My room is filled with his resonating tenor voice and the beautiful orchestrations he has gifted mankind. I'm glad deep down that he isn't in the same realm of superstardom as some artists out there. Absence from the media makes the musical heart grow fonder, methinks.

Thank heavens for days like these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home