Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm not a Slash fan either

I always wonder what it will be like when music stops moving the world. When a generation of youth will essentially become the generation of the mute and deaf. I doubt I will ever see the day, but soylent green are people, yo.

So many people I know would rather lose their sight rather than their hearing for fear of the loss of music. I'm still on the fence about that one.

I've never not had music in my life. From belting out Aretha Franklin in the middle of the living room (brought on by a love of the Big Chill soundtrack) when I was three, to my death defying foray into a metal mosh pit, music has enveloped my entire being.

It frightens me when I realize that despite my love of music, I relish the silence. The enveloping silence. As I stare at my music players and shrug.

Maybe I should go listen to some Every Rose Has its Thorn and ponder the re-emergence of Axl Rose and the Chinese Democracy. Both are oxymorons it would seem. Both guaranteed to profit though. In spades my dear Bond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home